My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, TN, United States

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Perspective

Today's joy:

Crema coffee shop with the best mocha in town. Pumpkin chocolate chip muffin. Journal and Bible and books nearby. Freshly straightened hair (that I'll never be able to repeat!). View of the rolling Nashville hills in the distance. Steady stream of cars over the gateway bridge. Breeze through the mimosa tree across the street. Week at the beach with my family ahead. Remembering a weekend of celebrating the birth of my best friend. Glimpse of the steeple of the church where we got married. Our neighborhood across the river that holds so many things that I love: my husband working hard on his latest project, our home, our precious community of friends and neighbors, a place where the gospel is breaking in ....

Enjoying every second of my day off ..... thankful every week for Tuesdays when "weekend Mandy" emerges .... for time to visit with friends, to be productive or to be still. Such a gift.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how am I just finding out that you have a blog? Awesome...

December 4, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home