My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, TN, United States

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Homecoming

What a full couple of weeks....

We had a wonderful time with my family at the beach last week. At beautiful Rosemary Beach with my parents, sister and her family. It's always a little hard for me to transition back to life in Nashville after time away; I need at least a day or two :) . Especially after saying goodbye to my family who all live in Jackson now and would still be together after we'd left. Every time that I come home and I want to hole up and stay in my house, the Lord nudges me out, into my community, into life again, and I remember why we're here. It began with our church service on Sunday; sweet worship and exposition of the Word and a refreshed love for that place, its people and its purpose and its Savior. And a challenging leader's meeting last night....with such good teaching on discipleship....much to ponder over now.

Then visiting today (on the phone and in person) with some of my dearest, longest friends who know me well and accept me. And finally, several hours at Crema with my husband.....who just finished his first day of orientation at Vandy Divinity School!! Visiting with the steady stream of friends who came through, getting all of the details about his first day, testing his patience with my steady stream of chatter :) (hoping that writing this blog post will curb that for a few minutes!).

And to top off the day.....I had time to make dinner for Eric. Small thing, but something I want to be able to do more often...so thankful for days such as these....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home