My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, TN, United States

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No Fear

Maybe I should wait to write these posts after I've had some time to read...much more to process and share then!

I'm reading about the fear of man and how to overcome that, since every one of us struggles with this in some way. I often find that the voices of people in my life are louder than what God, through scripture, says about me.

I'll share the paragraph that really struck me (substituting "I" in there):

"But I must believe. I must believe in the words of Christ more than I believe in anything else. I must follow the principle: For every one look at myself I must take ten looks at Jesus (which our pastor often reminds us). I must meditate on these loving promises from the mouth of God. If I think that I am beyond grace, I should be corrected. Such thinking is based on the unbiblical assumption that our works can either keep us away from God or move us toward Him. It is a denial of grace itself. It suggests that there is some righteous act I must perform in order to meet God halfway. This, however, has nothing to do with the gospel of Jesus. The gospel is only available to people who know they are unclean........Only persistent meditation on the cross of Christ is sufficient to allay my fears."
--Ed Welch

Good words.....Lord, help my unbelief.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home