My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, TN, United States

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Signs of Spring

I don't think I've ever anticipated spring as much as I have this year. I've been soooooo ready.
Here are a few things that are bringing much daily joy:

We started our first garden last year from small plants from Home Depot. This year, I'm trying to grow them from seeds! I love coming home every day and checking their progress. Several of them have tiny, tiny green shoots popping up through the dirt. Amazing that life comes from something that starts so small. I realize that humans are the most mind-blowing example of this, but I can't track a baby's early progress like I can my little seeds, so I'll continue to marvel at their growth!

Here are the seed beds. I realize that we don't have room in our garden should all 98 seed beds actually produce something. I also realize that I got a little carried away.....looks like I'll be offering some to neighbors....


Some of the produce that we're growing: romaine lettuce (so far they're the first to sprout), peppers, okra, watermelon, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, three types of tomatoes, and sunflowers.


These sticks were too tall for the covers over the beds.....

Also trying herbs: sage, thyme, rosemary, basil, and lavender....


We planted bulbs last summer and these daffodils were the first sign of spring...THRILLED me to see them start poking through. Daffodils make me happy.


And finally, our tulips are also trying to push through the pansies.....have no idea what color they'll be. I'll keep you posted....

Hope you're enjoying spring, friends!!

1 Comments:

Blogger KQ said...

I didn't know you guys were doing this! How fun! I think we may only get a tomato plant and perhaps some basil in the ground this year, but if you do have too many plants make it we'd love to be some of those neighbors that get some of the excess! :)

April 5, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home